Masturbation with CSS3
When I switched over to Jekyll, I knew that it's the right thing to do, I also knew that I will change the layout, colors, etc a lot more often than I did with my WordPress theme(s) .
I spent a couple of hours today tweaking the layout and overall look of this blog. Regular visitors will notice the changes immediately.
- added some text-shadow
- transition effects to the menu (plus various other tweaks)
- moved the search box at to the top right corner above the menu, plus added the "awesome" search button
- fixed the header so it stays on the top when scrolling (up or down).
- changed the spacing of the content area (bigger margins, smaller paddings)
- the home page can show multiple posts from the same day (when appropriate)
- various other small tweaks / fixes (i.e message for IE users)
I also pushed out of a small ruby script which can generate the necessary CSS files with different colors.
Currently available color themes:
- Red (current)