Fork me on GitHub

Frogatto

written on October 07, 2008

"Frogatto is an old-style platform game, starring an anthropomorphic frog!"

Linux is officially not supported, but it works perfectly with some slight modifications of the "Makefile".

I checked out the latest version from the SVN, and modified the make file so it looks like this:

svn checkout http://frogatto.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ frogatto
cd frogatto
vim Makefile
objects = background.o character.o character_type.o color_utils.o custom_object.o custom_object_functions.o custom_object_type.o draw_number.o draw_scene.o draw_tile.o editor.o entity.o filesystem.o fluid.o font.o formula.o formula_function.o formula_tokenizer.o frame.o geometry.o item.o item_type.o joystick.o key.o level.o level_logic.o level_object.o load_level.o main.o message_dialog.o preferences.o preprocessor.o prop.o raster.o sound.o string_utils.o surface_cache.o surface_formula.o surface.o texture.o tile_map.o variant.o wml_node.o wml_parser.o wml_utils.o wml_writer.o

formula_test_objects = filesystem.o formula_function.o formula_tokenizer.o string_utils.o variant.o wml_node.o wml_parser.o wml_utils.o wml_writer.o

%.o : src/%.cpp
g++ -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include/boost-1_34 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/X11R6/include -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wreturn-type -fthreadsafe-statics -c $<

game: $(objects)
g++ -g -O2 -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wreturn-type -L/usr/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -lGL -lGLU -lSDL_image -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_mixer -lboost_regex -lboost_thread-mt -fthreadsafe-statics *.o -o game

formula_test: $(formula_test_objects)
g++ -O2 -g -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DUNIT_TEST_FORMULA -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wreturn-type -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lGL -lGLU -lSDL_image -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_mixer -lboost_regex src/formula.cpp $(formula_test_objects) -o test

clean:
rm *.o game
:wq

Of course you will need SDL, SDL_Image, SDL_ttf, SDL_mixer and Boost Regexp and Thread in order to successfully compile it, since there is no configure script at the moment.

Basically all I did is removing the '-framework' paramters and modifying the SDL include and lib paths.

make
./game

Enjoy!